cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D1 LED Red on X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1

Texram
Associate III

Hi,

I'm using STM32G432RB Nucleo board with X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1, and connecting a 3-phase DCBL motor (RaceStart BR2205, which requests 7.4V - 14.8V).

Followed with the instructions in UM2415. I used a power supply with 12V/2A on X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1.

D1 EN/FAULT LED is always red, and D8/9/10, Motor Phase LEDs are never turned On, before or after I pressed the Blue Button (Start/Stop Motor) (on STM32G432RB Nucleo board).

Here is how I generated the code:

MC Workbench 6.3.0, FOC/3 Shunt

STM32CubeMX 6.10.0, STM32Cube FW_G4 V1.5.2

MDK-ARM V5.32

No error in each of these steps of the project and the code generation.

When I pressed the Blue Button (Start Motor) (on STM32G432RB Nucleo board), I saw PC13 (Start/Stop pin) generated a pulse.

Am I missing anything in the setup?

Texram_0-1718656756187.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @Texram,

In UM2415, in "4.1 Operation mode and sensing topology selection" chapter, a table describes needed HW configuration for 3Shunt topology, are you aligned on this?

Does your boards are coming from IHM03 kit? If yes, could you check that, with Gimbal motor and FW project example available in motor control workbench as "Speed ramp with Potentiometer on P-NUCLEO-IHM003 kit", boards are functional?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @Texram,

In UM2415, in "4.1 Operation mode and sensing topology selection" chapter, a table describes needed HW configuration for 3Shunt topology, are you aligned on this?

Does your boards are coming from IHM03 kit? If yes, could you check that, with Gimbal motor and FW project example available in motor control workbench as "Speed ramp with Potentiometer on P-NUCLEO-IHM003 kit", boards are functional?

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA