cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use utility link tool shown in the IHM001 user guide

MPas1
Associate

STM32 Nucleo Packs - Motor Control FOC and 6-step solutions for three-phase, low-voltage and low-current motors

I am following the user manual guide for the P-Nucleo-IHM001 kit. I have installed the ST-link driver, but cannot open the utility link tool. I have downloaded it and gone through the set-up but when I click on the application in the folder, it has the error message 'The code execution cannot process because mfc140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem'. Have deleted and reinstalled but still has the same problem.

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @MPas1​, to the community!

the ST-LINK Utility (STSW-LINK004) is already on status NRND (among other things because it is only supported by one operating system), but can still be used. Unfortunately, it sometimes happens that the MFC140.DLL, which was common at the time, is no longer available on newer systems, but the problem can be solved quite easily. Either you copy the 32bit version manually into the installation path of the ST-LINK utility, alternatively you install vc_redist.x86.exe from the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, which also contains the 32bit version.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.