cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Select NUCLEO-F302R8 when using 6-Step Algorithm

Gary_Baldy
Associate III

Hi,

When I select the 6-Step algorithm in MC Workbench > New Project > General Info the NUCLEO-F302R8 does not appear in the list of control boards. Does this mean the F302R8 cannot implement the 6-step algorithm? I thought 6-step was less computationally demanding that FOC (which the F02R8 can do)?

Best regards

Gary

5 REPLIES 5
Fabrice LOUBEYRE
ST Employee

Hi Gary_Baldy, you will see the NUCLEO-F302R8 present into the list of control board supported by 6-step algorithm only from the MCSDK 6.3.0. Then i invite you to install this new version.

Best regards.

Fabrice

Thanks Fabrice - I'll try 6.3.0.

Appreciate your quick response!

Hi Fabrice,

I've installed MCSDK 6.3.0. I am now able to select the NUCLEO-F302R8 board for the 6-step algorithm but am not able to use the motor profiler because that option is not shown in the Application Configuration tab of the project - see attached picture. How can I fix this?

Also, when I generate the code I get this error "Attr not supported:  Dmpu" - see other attached picture. I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. Can you help?

Gary

Hi Gary_Baldy,

the Motor Profiler SW is based on a FOC algorithm, then you need to generate a FOC project with the feature Motor Profiler enabled in Application Configuration as you mentioned and profile your motor with this SW.

Load this SW into the board, run the CPU and start the Motor Pilot tool.  The tool will propose you to launch profiler with the defaultApp.qml or you can directly load the profiler.qml and start the profiling process.

After saving the motor parameters with the Motor Pilot tool, you will be able to change to your profiled motor as input of the 6-step project into the "Project Hw & Info" window of the MCSDK6.3.0 workbench.

Secondly, the problem you are reporting is known, please refer to this:

"attr not supported : Dmpu" Error message with MCSDK 6.3.0 

Best regards.

Fabrice

Hi Fabrice,

Thank you for your help and apologies for my delay in replying - I've been on holiday.

Further to your reply I have a question about the hardware setup of the IHM08M1 board - see attached screenshot taken from slide 7 of (x-nucleo-ihm08m1_quick_start.pdf) from the ST website.

It was not clear to me whether the instruction to "Remove capacitors C3, C5 and C7" from the IHM08M1 applies for all control boards connected to it - including the NUCLEO-F302R8 board I'm using. I found the STSW-STM32100 FW page on the ST site and it looks like obsolete software. Do I need to de-solder these capacitors? 

Best regards,

Gary