cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use STSPIN32G4 with X-CUBE-MCSDK for ultra-high speed PMSM?

JLee.56
Associate

Hi, I am studying for ultra-high speed PMSM (about 100krpm, 700~1000W).

The motor is 2pole/3slots/3-phases sensorless motor.

I think STSPIN32G4 is a suitable driver for my motor in the electrical specification.

Just I want to check that I can freely control the motor using the driver with X-CUBE-MCSDK (I mean torque and speed controls).

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @JLee.56​,

I confirm that the STSPIN32G4 is able to drive a motor (single pole pairs) in the above mentioned conditions (sensorless, ultra-high speed).

As already stated by @Laurent Ca...​ it is possible to perform torque and speed controls with the X-CUBE-MCSDK (in the Rev Y you can find a firmware example for the EVSPIN32G4 evaluation board).

Let me know if I solved your doubts, if so please "Select as Best" button.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @JLee.56​ 

Yes you can control speed and torque with STM32 MC-SDK.

Regarding the possibility to do that at high speed, I just asked to our experts.

Best regards

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @JLee.56​,

I confirm that the STSPIN32G4 is able to drive a motor (single pole pairs) in the above mentioned conditions (sensorless, ultra-high speed).

As already stated by @Laurent Ca...​ it is possible to perform torque and speed controls with the X-CUBE-MCSDK (in the Rev Y you can find a firmware example for the EVSPIN32G4 evaluation board).

Let me know if I solved your doubts, if so please "Select as Best" button.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"