cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 over current fault after setup.

MMcLe.2
Associate

I was able to run the ST MC Workbench tool

for motor and parameter configuration successfully and the motor ran fine. I then uploaded the generated code through STM32CubeIDE however once uploaded when I try to start the motor there is an audible click from the ESC and MC workbench an over current fault is shown.

The motor ran fine in the motor profiler and did not show a fault.

In the MC workbench overcurrent is turned off in the power stage. In the control stage I increased the current threshold and it was unsuccessful also.

If you need any other info please say thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Onorm.1
Associate II

Actually I experience the exact same problem described in this thread : https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000kxWofSAE/bg431besc1-overcurrent-fault

Still waiting for ST to come with a solution as obviously the board is not working properly

I used this thread, https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BHztNd/bg431besc1-generated-code-missing-can-and-pwm-support , where you use the example to try to solve the problem (not the best solution). I still have the same problem of the motor not starting, I think its something to do with the PWM signal.

I'm actually really disappointed in STM and feel like the products not what they marketed it to be . There's almost no support and looking through the threads someone asks a question, then the STM staff look at it 6 months later and say something along the lines of ' It appears nothing has been said so I'm guessing your problem was solved' and then close the thread, even though its clearly not been answered. Will definitely not be buying STM again.

For anyone thinking of buying this ESC, don't.

P.s. If any STM staff are reading this in 6 months time and think the problem is 'solved', it is not.

Manoj Thakur
Associate II

Same issue. with no reply, and Biggest issue is software versions, download this download that nothing is compatible. In old version this ESC is present but in newer version its not. Again if you make changes in IO i.e. ioc file it brings back some bugs, I have few manual configuration. it overrides it.