cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 generated missing code PWM support from 6.0.0 MC Workbenck release

AGasc.1
Associate

Hi,

I'm testing the B-G431B-ESC1 evaluation board by using the PWM input to control your motor.

I saw that the B-G431-ESC1 is fully supported from the 5.4.1 release but I can't be able to find anymore information about the 5.Y or 6.0.0

I could get the source code with the pwm input with version 5.4.8. i could see that the pin PA15 called M1_PWM_INPUT is present in your cubeMX file

On the other hand, I could not establish how to change the frequency to use it with a frequency of 50hz instead of 490 Hz.

I tested it anyway and the engine armed and turned but with a great instability.

In view of the improvements present in version 5.Y and 6.0.0 and the support of the FOC, I would like to know if I can get a code with the support of the pwm input?

I have already tried to take the example code from version 6.0.0 of MC Workbenck but the implementation of the pwm input is not present.

Kind Regards,

Anthony

1 REPLY 1
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @AGasc.1 ,
We are sorry for the late response, if you still need help:

The electronic speed control (ESC) feature allows to control the motor speed with a PWM signal in input, for example on the B-G431B-ESC1 boards it is possible to use this feature to control the motors of a drone sending a PWM signal with a different duty cycle to switch the motor to armed, armed with a minimum speed, armed with a maximum speed and unarmed state.

Ziedb_0-1695372158180.png

You can find more details on this example on this link : click here

on the chapter "Connection and first execution of the electronic  speed controller (ESC) program".

To use this feature with the MCSDK, you can activate the ESC part on the Workbench from the "Stage configuration" tab :

Ziedb_1-1695372323792.png

thank you

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".