cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC 6-step algorithm breaks at @2KRPM

sgordon777
Associate III
Hello, I'm trying to use my B-G431B-ESC with the 6-step algorithm. I''ve tried with a coupld of profiled motors and what happes is that it starts up fine, but after ~2K RPM, the motor starts to squeel and lose power. I feel like this has something to do with the back EMF sensing... Has anyone got the B-G431B-ESC working in 6-step? Are there any tips for tuning the BEMF parameters?
Thanks

BTW, I've tried playing with all the BEMF parameters, and other things like the modulation frequency and other parameters but it still starts to break down above 2kRPM (increasing the modulation frequency helps a little bit, but not nearly enough).

Motor control workbench Version: 6.2.0
STM32CubeMX Version: 6.10.0
STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.14.0
Controler/Driver: B-G431B-ESC1 kit
MCW application: Electronic speed control on B-G431B-ESC1 kit (6Step)

Working, right before 2KRPM
sgordon777_0-1702058349775.png

Squeeling starts, right around 2KRPM:

sgordon777_1-1702058383770.png

10 REPLIES 10

Glad to hear that you managed to get through it.

1. That's in fact a feature (open loop mode) currently missing but that will become available soon in the next release

2. I see you are using a wrong interface (the FOC one). You can load the 6step interface of the MotorPilot by clicking "GUI" in the upper bar, then "Load GUI". You have to select the "MC_6STEP_SDK.qml" file in the installation folder (that in my case was "C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\MC_SDK_6.2.0\Utilities\PC_Software\STMotorPilot\GUI"). You can get all the updated documentation on the web page Web page documentation or in Motor Control wiki wiki_Motor_Control 

3. To avoid the conflict between MCU resources, select a different timer for the speed controller in the workbench (tab "Speed sensing config", for instance TIM4)

ADAVE1_0-1702538894489.png