cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6-step examples from MC WorkBench not working

ALabu.1
Associate

I tried two 6-step drive examples that come with MC WorkBench and could not make either of them to run a motor. First, I tried "Six-Step drive with NUCLEO-G431RB, IHM08M1 and Shinano motor". I did not have Shinano motor. A motor I have is very similar but not the same so I thought it maybe causing a problem. My motor would not spin and a power supply would hit a current limit.

Second, I tried "Six-Step drive with NUCLEO-G431RB, IHM07M1 and BullRunnig motor" for which I have the required motor. The motor would ramp up and stop. Since I can't step thru the code when a motor is spinning I put break points at different places. I found a place where it goes in MC_LF_TIMER_FAILURE state. In the file 6step_core.c, function MC_Core_NextStep (line 897) it looks to me like a Catch22 - see the image below.

0693W000004GLWpQAO.png

Next function call after going thru the bottom “else�? statement goes to MC_LF_TIMER_FAILURE. Can anyone explain to me how it is supposed to work?

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear ALabu.1

I redirect your post to "STM32 Motor Control" forum that is more relevant for your question than "Power Management and Motor Control" forum.

Best regards.

Laurent C.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @ALabu.1​ 

I see that unfortunately your question did not inspire the STM32 Motor Control community much.

Do you still have this problem to solve?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

ALabu.1
Associate

Dear Laurent,

Project for NUCLEO-G431RB-IHM08M1 set of EVAL boards still does not work. I do have a working project for  NUCLEO-G431RB-IHM07M1 set of EVAL boards. Actually this wasn't my final goal. I thought I could switch it from SENSORS_LESS to HALL_SENSORS in the extras.wb_def file but it did not work out. Can you or anyone in the community create a simple Keil uVision project that runs 6-step algorithm with HALL sensors on either set of boards? I do not need sophistication and abstraction that sensorless project has. I do not need any protections since my power supply has a current limit. Essentially I need TIM1 to be configured for motor PWMs and TIM2 for HALL sensors and a piece of code that would do 6 steps.

Alex