cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using the Low Level libraries for the STM32L072RB I2C bus ( stm32l0xx_ll_i2c.h) I have a function available called LL_I2C_HandleTransfer. I have ported the code to STM32F401RE and the library ( stm32f4xx_ll_i2c.h) does not have this function?

DCull.1
Associate

I was wondering why the library function  LL_I2C_HandleTransfer is not available in th F4 LL library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @DCull.1​ ,

The I2C IP for STM32L0 is not the same as STM32F4, and the I2C implementation is different.

You can refer to the UM1725 Description of STM32F4 HAL and low-layer drivers, which gives you an overview of low-layer drivers and a detailed description of each peripheral driver: configuration structures, functions, and how to use the given API to build your application.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @DCull.1​ ,

The I2C IP for STM32L0 is not the same as STM32F4, and the I2C implementation is different.

You can refer to the UM1725 Description of STM32F4 HAL and low-layer drivers, which gives you an overview of low-layer drivers and a detailed description of each peripheral driver: configuration structures, functions, and how to use the given API to build your application.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen