cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What camera module should i use with STM32F746G Discovery board?

BSati.1
Associate

I will do a hand gesture recognition system using CMSIS-NN on arm cortex project for one of

my grad courses. I will use a sample project which is Image Recognition on Arm Cortex M with CMSIS-NN. However, the camera module that is STM32F4DIS-CAM camera module is obsolete. For this reason, I am not sure what to use as a camera module. Could

you please give me some advice about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GRATT.2
ST Employee

Hi @BSati.1​,

I have found that the B-CAMS-OMV camera module is pin compatible with the STM32F4DIS-CAM camera module, so you can connect it to your STM32F746G Discovery board. The drivers of the B-CAMS-OMV can be found in the AI vision function pack.

Best Regards,

Guillaume

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GRATT.2
ST Employee

Hi,

As the camera module of the STM32F746G DISCO board is obsolete, I suggest you to use the STM32H747I-DISCO board with the B-CAMS-OMV camera module. ST provides an image classification example on GitHub. Using the python scripts, you can select one of the proposed neural networks and re-train it to fit your dataset, or you can use your own neural network.

Best Regards,

Guillaume

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @BSati.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂 ;

It is necessary to use 8- to 14-bit digital camera module interface with 32F746Discovery board.

Also, STMF746DISCOVERY board has a camera connector (P1). So, when you choose the camera module, please do not forget to take this criterion into consideration. For that you can refer to UM1907 and precisely table 4.

I hope this help you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

GRATT.2
ST Employee

Hi @BSati.1​,

I have found that the B-CAMS-OMV camera module is pin compatible with the STM32F4DIS-CAM camera module, so you can connect it to your STM32F746G Discovery board. The drivers of the B-CAMS-OMV can be found in the AI vision function pack.

Best Regards,

Guillaume

thank you very much for your help, I will opt for that!!