cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to use ThreadX with STM32L452RET6 or STM32F401RET6

Hiren Bhuva
Associate II

Hello Community,

I want to port my project which is using ThreadX v2.1 to either STM32L4 or STM32F4.

For that I tried to find the example code for the above MCUs. But, could not find any example for the ThreadX. However I came to know that H4 and L4 series do support ThreadX.

Please let me know, From where I can find the sample example project.

Thanks,

Hiren Bhuva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

X-CUBE-AZRTOS is not supported yet for STM32L4 and STM32F4. This will be added in the near future, please stay tuned.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Hiren Bhuva​ ,

The X-CUBE-AZRTOS-H7 is a new pack on CubeMX which is requested by a lot of our customers

At the beginning, we will update other series by step, then it will be under the Middleware part in the upcoming releases.

moreover, there are some examples developed using AzureRTOS, you can download these examples from the following reference : AzureRTOS examples

I hope you find this answer helpful. Do not hesitate in case you have other questions.

BeST Regards,

Walid

Hiren Bhuva
Associate II

Hi @Walid ZRELLI​ ,

Thanks for the reply,

I have found the reference example for STM32H7 series. But, I need to use either STM32L4 or STM32F4.

Can you help me to understand how can I port the given examples for either one of the above MCU.

Regards,

Hiren Bhuva

X-CUBE-AZRTOS is not supported yet for STM32L4 and STM32F4. This will be added in the near future, please stay tuned.

Hiren Bhuva
Associate II

Hi @Walid ZRELLI​ ,

Thanks for the update.

AzureRTOS example uses ThreadX v6.1.5 . But, in the project in which we need to change MCU to ST uses ThreadX v4.0.

Do we have any example of STM32H7 with earlier versions of ThreadX(lesser than 6.x)

Thanks,

Hiren Bhuva

Unfortunately, we don't have any examples developed with earlier versions of ThreadX (lesser than 6.x)

Hiren Bhuva
Associate II

Hi @Walid ZRELLI​ ,

This link says that STM32F4 and STM32L4 series MCUs do support ThreadX.

Also, as per this link L4 and H4 series should be available by this quarter.

Please let me know if it is in pipeline, is there any definite timeline / ETA for release? 

Thanks,

Hiren

KAn.1
Associate

Hi, Hiren.

I share my own porting version of ThreadX on STM32F407.

Explain in YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBpActqK2Ss

Code in Git

https://github.com/KwangHyuk73/ThreadX4STM32F407

If you need any kind of technical support, then send me an email.

ponytail2k@gmail.com

P.S. I am not ST engineer.