cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VID:PID sublicensing

VNest
Associate II

Hello! We use a chip in our product and connect it via USB, so we need VID:PID. STM can give VID as a free service. I opened a case in the tracker, but there is no answer for 3 weeks. Who can I contact on this issue?

1. COMPANY NAME AUTHORZING USE TO: JSC Infotecs

2. Contact name/address and E-mail address: Nesterov Vladislav/ 127287, Moscow, Starii Petrovsko-Razumovskii Proez, house 1/23 building 1, vladislav.nesterov@infotecs.ru 

3. Name/Sale type of the ST Microcontroller product name: STM32F427VIT6

4. Name of USB end-product: ViPNet SIES Core

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @VNest​ ,

Please provide the ticket number (TECHxxxx), then we will check the progress of your ticket.

With Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Note that the free VID from ST has the following limitations:

( from email they sent me with the VID for my product)

Regards,

-- pa

<quote>

Please note that would only be able to test Your products for USB-IF certification under our company name. 

All products will be listed under our company name ( STMicroelectronics) on the Integrators list if certified. 

Your company would not have rights to use the USB-IF logos on Your products. 

If you intend to use the USB-IF logos You must obtain your own VID. 

The requirements to display the USB-IF’s trademarked and licensed USB logo are: 

1. The company must be a USB vendor (i.e. obtain a USB vendor ID). 

2. The company must execute the USB-IF Trademark License Agreement. 

3. The product bearing the logo must successfully pass USB-IF Compliance Testing and appear on the Integrators List under that company’s name. 

These requirements apply to manufacturers and resellers. 

Please verify that you understand the policy.

<quote>

VNest
Associate II

I have only case ID: 00065529

VNest
Associate II

Do I understand correctly that such a VID can only be used for tests and cannot be used in commercial?

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @VNest​ ,

We have sent to you a private message with a new VID and PID.

Kind Regards,

imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen