cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ULPI on the STM32H7B0 using USB3300

Claydonkey
Senior

I had success when using the ULPI interface on a STM32H7A3 (on the nucleo board) using an external ULPI transceiver board https://www.waveshare.com/usb3300-usb-hs-board.htm

but when porting over to the STM32H7B0, I am not having much success. I believe the only difference between the chips are that the 7B0 uses PC2_N and PC3_N which I have set as digital during initialization using the HAL

HAL_SYSCFG_AnalogSwitchConfig(SYSCFG_SWITCH_PC2, SYSCFG_SWITCH_PC2_CLOSE);
  HAL_SYSCFG_AnalogSwitchConfig(SYSCFG_SWITCH_PC3, SYSCFG_SWITCH_PC3_CLOSE);

also I have set the CRS sync source to USB HS with the same result

[Port6] FailedEnumeration : Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

The external board has been known to arrive DOA judging from other posts in this forum but it worked a couple of weeks ago on the H7A3 variant.

Are there any other concerns I should be aware of when using the ULPI on a H7B0 (VBTx)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Claydonkey
Senior

Thanks for your suggestion Imen.

I have successfully got the two to talk... The traces (wires) were over 3 inches long in my initial setup and hence out of spec. I hardwired some small 1 inch wires between the two boards and bingo ULPI and USB HS are working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Claydonkey​ ,

Which STM32H7B0 line are you using ?

According to the STM32H7B0xB datasheet, for STM32H7B0 the ULPI is not supported for 100/144 packages, but This is not applied on all STM32H7 Packages.

I advise you to check the available pins/balls in "Table 7. STM32H7B0xB pin/ball definition", and the note related to ULPI interface availability on packages that do not feature PC2 and PC3 I/Os, in Table. STM32H7B0xB features and peripheral counts. 

0693W00000UnAdLQAV.jpg 

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Claydonkey
Senior

0693W00000UnAsuQAF.png0693W00000UnAspQAF.pngAccording to the datasheet, ULPI is available for this 100pin variant...

Claydonkey
Senior

Thanks for your suggestion Imen.

I have successfully got the two to talk... The traces (wires) were over 3 inches long in my initial setup and hence out of spec. I hardwired some small 1 inch wires between the two boards and bingo ULPI and USB HS are working.