uClinux on STM32

awesten
Associate
Posted on November 17, 2009 at 18:36

uClinux on STM32

#stm32-uclinux-bootloader
40 REPLIES 40
Posted on June 12, 2012 at 16:23

Sounds like you need to become more familiar with the software you have chosen first as part of the due diligence process. You should perhaps see if Emcraft provides consulting services, or can point to some providers, as there isn't much traffic related to ucLinux on this forum.

Suggest you review the Emcraft FAQ, which specifically covers FLASH/RAM requirements.

http://www.emcraft.com/index.php/technology/99

You can no doubt augment that knowledge by trying some builds including the tools/application mix(es) you expect to need, or want to support.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
luiz
Associate II
Posted on January 30, 2013 at 20:40

I successfully booted the kernel on the STMF417 with only the internal SRAM and FLASH.

The kernel was about 500K and was running directly from the flash memory.

At the end of the boot, I had left 32KB of RAM for applications.

I know it's useless, but may work for someone who would want to exercise kernel development with the cheapest ever STM32F4-Discovery board.

Posted on January 30, 2013 at 23:07

Luiz, thank you for the information. What kind of features and applications did that provide? Presuming that was mainly the kernel, and the rest of the space could be used by an application.

I'm expecting to see a 2MB F4 shortly which should provide additional resources.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
GHITH.Abdelhamid
Associate II
Posted on January 31, 2013 at 17:57

nice job Luiz, this is very exciting.

can you provide a patch.

luiz
Associate II
Posted on February 02, 2013 at 18:47

I'm still trying to build a small initramfs with a tiny build of busybox. After that I have to turn the initramfs into initromfs because there is no space in ram to aford a fs. I expect to release the patch in the next couple of days.

The main problem I'm facing now is that the kernel is recognizing the bFLT busybox executable as a bin_script. Any ideas to help on that?

BR,

Luiz Renault

GHITH.Abdelhamid
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2013 at 21:16

Can you share the boot log to try to understand the problem, maybe enabling the debug in the binfmt_flat loader may help.

I can help to debug if you send me a binary image of the kernel I can run on my discovery and the System.map file.

which kernel version & busybox version are you using?

BR

luiz
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2013 at 14:15

I believe the problem is with Busybox. I made a custom init program with simple shell and it worked.

tido
Associate II
Posted on August 19, 2013 at 14:44

All the links are dead and I'm searching for the uClinux distribution for the STM3220G-Eval board.

Any suggestions where to find it? Thanks in advance
piyush2
Associate II
Posted on March 06, 2014 at 06:38

Hi STone-32 

Can you please provide me the STM32EVAL uClinux software package, I have the board of STM32F4 Discovery and I want to port the uClinux to it.

Please if possible mail it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 06, 2014 at 09:34

Hi Pandey,

uCLinux software solution is provided for free by ''Emcraft Systems'' company.

You can get more details

http://www.emcraft.com/products/343#uclinux-bsp

I have also 2 comments:

1- This is a very old thread started on 2009. It should be better to start a new discussion for new requests even if the topic is the same.

2- It is not possible to get access to personal mails in order to send packages.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.