cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4R9 SPI bootloader. Strange behaviour after executing global mass erase command

MSipo
Senior II

I'm programming an STM32L4R9 through SPI according to the AN4286 application note.

The problem I have is that after a global mass erase command (0x44) it won't let me execute the read memory (0x11) or the write memory (0x31), even if I wait several seconds after the global mass erase.

To solve this, I must after global mass erase restart the MCU into bootloader mode again, then read memory and write memory commands work.

I have previously used my bootloader client for the STM32F429 and it had not this problem.

Anybody knows why it behaves like this?

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MSipo,

Have a look to the errata sheet related to the STM32L4R9 devices, to check if you have the same conditions as described in the doc.

It May be related to the section: 2.2.13 Bootloader not functional on 1‑Mbyte devices.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MSipo
Senior II

0693W00000Y9S6zQAF.pngThe bootloader version is 9.2.

0693W00000Y9S6BQAV.pngAt least I can make it work by restarting the bootloader after a global mass erase before I run any write memory command. 😀