cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4P5 cannot connect to hTerm, "Error in OpenPort: Internal error when initializing 'COM4" or LabVIEW

crackl1ng
Associate III

0693W000008wD5CQAU.pngHello STM32-community,

I'm struggling with the USB-connection via hTerm of my STM32. I'm trying to send a few bytes via USB, receiving them with the tool hTerm, but it cannot even connect to the Microcontroller. Terminal20141030 works just fine, while LABView also struggles.

I've tried many different things and applications, changed the USB, uninstalled and reinstalled it, tried different microcontroller which all worked fine, made sure that the USB-Port is not occupied by any other tool [...]. Used blank programs who only sent several characters, but it still fails to connect at all via hTerm and LabVIEW, but works with Terminal20141030. Did also some tweaks in the USB.c - files , but with no success at all.

I'm using the function:

"CDC_Transmit_FS(*pdata, pdata_Length);"

to transmit any data. Using my program like:

while(1)

{

CDC_Transmit_FS(data_send, 12);

HAL_Delay(100);

}

still fails to connect. Did also some experiments with changing delays, still couldn't resolve the issue. In the attached picture you can see the error message of hTerm.

Since need it to get working on LaBVIEW, I suppose fixing it for hTerm will be fine.

I'm happy about every response!

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

1 REPLY 1
crackl1ng
Associate III

I've found out, that it apparently works on Windows 7, but not on Windows 10. I cannot explain this bizarre phenomen.