cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747 Adc dual mode DMA multichannel

Happiness
Associate

Hi everyone, I’m using H747 eval board and I’ve configured Adc1 and adc2 (on M4) to acquire 3 signals each.

I’m using DMA but I can’t read correct values in the buffer..how is it composed? Which is the sequence of channels in the DMa buffer if I have, for example, Channel 0-1-2 on adc1 and channel 3-5-6 on adc2 active? 

Thanks 😊

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

It can vary based on settings, but in the typical and most common configuration, the buffer will alternate between uint16_t values for master and slave, so in this instance it would be channels 0, 3, 1, 5, 2, 6.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Happiness
Associate

Thanks TDK,

so, because I have configured adc1 and adc2 in dual mode, I have just one 32-bit buffer which contains in the highest 16-bit the information about adc2 and in the lowest 16-bit the information about adc1.

If I have correctly understood, you mean that, in the first data of the buffer I have the sample of channel 0 adc1 and channel 3 adc2; in the second one channel 1 adc1 and channel 5 adc2 and so on..correct?

Some other questions:

- in Stm32Cube, is it correct that I have enabled DMA request for adc2 (in DMA settings)? I thought that I shouldn't configure it, because it was already configured in adc1, but if I remove this, I have a error.

- here is my configuration, can you check it please and tell me if it's correct? 

- can you explain me please what does the parameter "delay between 2 sampling phases" refer to? How can I calculate this parameter? (And, the same for "Sampling time" in every Rank) 

Thank you

1.png

5.png

6.png

4.png

2.png

3.png