cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745 ethernet - problem pinging

Hello,

We are designing a system based on a STM32H745ZI. Functionality includes TCP communication.

Just for start, I've implemented LWIP based design on the Nucleo144-745ZI board.

It's based on example from https://community.st.com/s/article/How-to-create-project-for-STM32H7-with-Ethernet-and-LwIP-stack-working

I can ping a Nucleo board without problems.

Then I've compiled practically the same design for our product board. The only difference is that our board has input clock of 25 MHz and Nucleo's clock is 8 MHz coming from the ST-Link MCO. In both cases system clock is 400 MHz.

Nevertheless I can't ping our board, though there is an activity on PHY (LAN8742A) lines.

Even more so, the PC I issue a ping from (same in both cases) does not generate ICMP packets for this board.

Layout of the board and physical connections were checked.

Any ideas on what can be wrong in this case?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
YSN
Senior

Have you tried generating MAC for LAN through MAC generator online and configure the same at appropriate files? In some case MAC could create the problem.

Would prefer to have cross RJ45 cable connection in case of working from PC to board and Straight RJ45 cable connection in case

if you are working with Switch/Router. Hope the IP assigned in Board is in the Same LAN as you have already verified with Nucleo board !