cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743 USB code generation problem

Erric
Visitor

I'm using an embedded hardware design based on the NUCLEO-H743ZI. Within the SMT32CubeIDE I configured all of the pins and set up the clock according to my PCB, I'm using an external LSE 32.768Khz and no external HSE. The PCB is set up to utilize VBUS sensing and ID pin, I set up the USB_OTG_FS in OTG/Dual_Role_Device with VBUS sensing. When I build and load the code on my STM I get no indication that the USB is functioning besides providing power to the PCB. What i'm expecting is to see the device accessible in REPL and it never shows up. When I change the USB_OTG_FS mode to Device_Only, which enables the Middleware USB_DEVICE option and set the class to Virtual Com Port the device has no issues making a USB connection. I noticed that in the configuration that doesn't work the code generated does not perform any function calls that include USB, only when i set it in Device_Only is when I see activity while debugging that has anything to do with USB. Is this intentional? Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Erric 

Unfortunately, Dual role device on H743 is not supported by current ST USB Middleware. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Erric 

Unfortunately, Dual role device on H743 is not supported by current ST USB Middleware. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.