Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769I USB OTG device not being detected by Windows 10

CCari.1
Associate

Hi All,

I have the following issue:

Unable to get an STM32F769I USB OTG Device peripheral to be detected by a PC Host.

Board: STM32F769I-DISCO (MB1225B)

Host: x64-based PC running Windows 10 (Build 19043)

Toolchain: STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0

Firmware Package: STM32CubeF7 V1.16.1 / 12-February-2021

I've successfully built the "MSC_Standalone USB Device Mass Storage (MSC)" application and flashed the board using ST-Link (CN16) connection to the PC. The board appears in the Windows Device Manager as Portable Device: DIS_F769NI. However, when I disconnect from CN16 and reconnect using the USB OTG HS port (CN15), the PC host does not detect the board in the Device Manager. Changing the CN3 jumper from STLK to USBHS makes no difference.

I also have the same problem running the "STM32F769I-DISCO_UAC10-PLAY" example from the X-CUBE-USB_AUDIO package (aka STM32CubeExpansion_USBAudioStreaming_V1.0.0). In this example, the board should appear as a USB speaker on the PC. The board fails to be detected as a USB device.

The board has successfully run many other examples from the STM32CubeF7 package including the MSC standalone application that enables a USB OTG Host peripheral to operate with an USB flash disk. This app works well.

I've been searching the web for several days without luck. Do you have any ideas? Thanks for any assistance. Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CCari.1
Associate

Hi Imen,

Thanks for the feedback. I reviewed the articles you sent and cross checked again with the STM32F769NI user manual. As far as I could tell, the board was being connected and powered correctly. When connecting USB OTG HS (CN15) to the host PC, the green VBUS (LED LD5) and Power (LED LD6) were lit. As a last resort, I decided to use another USB cable to connect CN15 to the PC and "Voila", it worked. The board appeared in the Windows Device manager as "Speakers (STM32 AUDIO Streaming in FS Mode)". The X_CUBE_USB_AUDIO streaming app now works as designed. I've since disposed of the suspect/faulty USB cable.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Con.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CCari.1​ ,

Make sure that the D+ and D- are properly connected and that they are not reversed.

Maybe these articles will help you:

When your issue is solved, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
CCari.1
Associate

Hi Imen,

Thanks for the feedback. I reviewed the articles you sent and cross checked again with the STM32F769NI user manual. As far as I could tell, the board was being connected and powered correctly. When connecting USB OTG HS (CN15) to the host PC, the green VBUS (LED LD5) and Power (LED LD6) were lit. As a last resort, I decided to use another USB cable to connect CN15 to the PC and "Voila", it worked. The board appeared in the Windows Device manager as "Speakers (STM32 AUDIO Streaming in FS Mode)". The X_CUBE_USB_AUDIO streaming app now works as designed. I've since disposed of the suspect/faulty USB cable.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Con.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @CCari.1​ ,

Glad to know the issue has been solved, and thanks for sharing the solution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen