cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32F769I-EVAL] LwIP_Streaming_Server application problem (camera not supported error)

Rrges.1
Associate II

so this application that comes with the STM32CubeF7 MCU Firmware Package: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7/tree/master/Projects/STM32F769I_EVAL/Applications/LwIP/LwIP_StreamingServer is not working for me

I've checked the main.c code and I found out that the BSP_CAMERA_Init() function is returning the status CAMERA_NOT_SUPPORTED, which I fail to realize why

checking that function the problem occurs on the s5k5cag_ReadID() function that's called which in turn calls CAMERA_IO_Read() which is returning something unexpected

I can't quite figure it out apart from that, so I want to ask if anyone has had a similar thing happen or knows what might be the problem here

thanks in advance, much love

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rrges.1
Associate II

hey, thanks a lot for the reply!

you've inadvertently solved the problem by asking me what camera module I'm using, which is the MB1379A

I've searched before for it, but only while searching for it a second time - prompted by your question - I've noticed that this module uses an OV5640 image sensor, but the application is only designed for camera modules that use S5K5CAG image sensors

that's it, that was the deadlock, just had to change the libraries stm32f769i_camera.h called and the functions on stm32f769i_camera.c to the corresponding OV5640 ones and now it's working (at least the streaming part which I'm most interested in)

thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Rrges.1​ and welcome to the Community :),

Which camera module is used ? Do you have cheked using another camera module?

Have you proceeded and make the Hardware connection like described in the readme.txt file ?

Please see the attached file and make sure to follow the instrusction and note like:

@note The application needs to ensure that the SysTick time base is always set to 1 millisecond to have correct HAL operation.

@note The STM32F7xx devices can reach a maximum clock frequency of 216MHz but as this application uses SDRAM, the system clock is limited to 200MHz. Indeed proper functioning of the SDRAM is only guaranteed at a maximum system clock frequency of 200MHz.

Hope this helps you !

I'm waiting for your progress and update on this issue.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Rrges.1
Associate II

hey, thanks a lot for the reply!

you've inadvertently solved the problem by asking me what camera module I'm using, which is the MB1379A

I've searched before for it, but only while searching for it a second time - prompted by your question - I've noticed that this module uses an OV5640 image sensor, but the application is only designed for camera modules that use S5K5CAG image sensors

that's it, that was the deadlock, just had to change the libraries stm32f769i_camera.h called and the functions on stm32f769i_camera.c to the corresponding OV5640 ones and now it's working (at least the streaming part which I'm most interested in)

thanks again!

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Rrges.1​ ,

You are welcome, and thank you for sharing your update.

I'm really glad to know you overcame this problem 🙂

I choose your answer as the best, as it details the solution to your problem. This will help other community members finding answers to their issues 😉

Thank you for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen