cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7508-DK Communication with computer.

GZupp.1
Associate

Dear All,

i'm try to working on this beautiful discovery kit. I was able to create a simple gui in touchGFX with some buttons and managing virtual functions to set a text variable to some letters string. I'm now trying to send these texts to my pc using cdc usb. I've search a lot and try all the suggestions find on the web but i'm still unable to receive on a serial monitor. CDC port is correctly recognized and come up easily in serial monitor or python scripts, i'm blocking around this simple code (lines are on the right places into whole code)

my text :

10 uint8_t *data = "Hello World from USB CDC\n";

my function:

100 CDC_Transmit_FS(data, strlen(data));

101 HAL_Delay (1000);

CubeIDE compile and download to my board with succes, on line 100 i got the warning: passing argument 1 of 'CDC_Transmit_FS' makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion] or another: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'CDC_Transmit_FS' differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]   main.c   /STM32F7508-DK/Application/User   line 100

Can someone help finding the right ressources for this board? (or for code?). (video, document, demo using CDC,...)

I've precisely follow a lot of tutorials starting from right board config, up to all described steps.

I'm not C/C++ exerimented so sorry if the question is nothing.

Thank a lot , have a great day.

Giovanni.

2 REPLIES 2

You're connecting to the right USB port, and not the ST-LINK one?

>>I've precisely follow a lot of tutorials starting from right board config, up to all described steps.

That's not as helpful a description as you think it is. What's running on it now would be most salient to it's current behaviour.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
GZupp.1
Associate

Hi,

thank a lot for replying!

I'm trying to use USB-OTG-FS port, as said it seem that the port is correctly recognized on my pc,so I assume that the hardware configuration (device only) and the 48 Khz clock are correct.

I apologize for my unconventional approach, my know-how does not allow me to be autonomous and know how to analyze exactly how to proceed, the only solution were the tutorials to direct me to the different phases: Creation of the project for the card with activation OTG hardware in CubeMX, clock configuration, code generation ...

A project generated with touchGFX contains a significant amount of elements, so I really don't know what detail to include in my question to help understand the problem ...

Many thanks, have a great day.

Giovanni.