cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746-DISCOVERY. USB HOST FS MSC not working. Application state never go to state "APPLICATION READY"

GNico.2
Associate II

Hello,

I am working on a project with an STM32F746BGT6. I am supposed to read a binary file on an USB key. I have a code with USB OTG-FS working on STM32F4, but not with a F7. The variable "Appli_state" is never changed to "APPLICATION_READY" which unable the code to continue.

So I tried a STM32 example on the discovery board STM32F746. This example is the MSC_Standalone USB Host Mass Storage (MSC) application.

I connected the usb key on connector CN13, which is the connector for FS.

I started the program and got the same problem as above. I tried with an USB key FAT32 and FAT16. The only steps that are executed correctly are

• linking the usb driver
  • mounting the usb key.

As it is an example code from ST, i guess it is supposed to work.

Does anyone had a similar problem?

Thank you for any idea.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MWB_CHa
ST Employee

Hi @GNico.2​ 

We confirm the issue that is in USB Host library V3.4.1 and that was fixed in V3.5.0.

STM32F7 CubeFW release still doesn't integrate USB Host V3.5.0, but you can get it here on GitHub and use it in your package to fix the problem.

Future updates of STM32F7 package will contain V3.5.1.

PS.

similar to https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001fPT6NSAW/stm32g0b1-usb-host-msc-flash-drive-not-working

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MWB_CHa
ST Employee

Hi @GNico.2​ 

We confirm the issue that is in USB Host library V3.4.1 and that was fixed in V3.5.0.

STM32F7 CubeFW release still doesn't integrate USB Host V3.5.0, but you can get it here on GitHub and use it in your package to fix the problem.

Future updates of STM32F7 package will contain V3.5.1.

PS.

similar to https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001fPT6NSAW/stm32g0b1-usb-host-msc-flash-drive-not-working

I hope it helps.

GNico.2
Associate II

Hi @MWB_CHa​ ,

Thanks for the answer. I will try with V3.5.1 of STM32F7 package. Thanks also for the link in PS.

Best regards

GNico.2
Associate II

Hello @MWB_CHa​ ,

I tried with the V3.5.1 available on the GitHub and it worked perfectly with ST example code and with my own code => The solution proposed solved the problems.

Thank you,

Best Regards.

MWB_CHa
ST Employee

@GNico.2​ I'm glad it helped !

Hi @GNico.2​ .. can you please share the link with the example of github you found working but for stm32f29 discovery 1 board ? Thanks