cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429ZI Nucleo demonstration - is this it?

JU
Associate III

I am developing a project using STM32F429ZI, I have bought a Nucleo board, read the quick start guide, plugged it into USB power & ethernet... so now what?

The quick-start guide literally says "Press button B1 (left button). Observe the blinking frequency of the three LEDs LD1 to LD3 changes, by clicking on the button B1."

Is that it for demonstration? ��

Do we not get a web page or something from the board to show it working?

Given that I selected this specifically because we are developing an Ethernet-connected device I was hoping for a little bit more from ST to get the basics up & running and show a bare-bones IP project.

Or perhaps it's a failure of documentation because I can't see anything in any of the guides or manuals that says anything more than "look at the blinky lights". ��

11 REPLIES 11
JU
Associate III

All the Discovery boards come with full-featured demonstration software burned in, I thought ST might do the same with Nucleo - it's not like it costs them anything extra as the demonstrations already exist.

> All the Discovery boards come with full-featured demonstration software burned in, I thought ST might do the same with Nucleo

Posted it as Idea, for ST to ignore https://community.st.com/s/idea/0873W000000fxlTQAQ/detail

Please upvote.

JW