cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429ZI Nucleo demonstration - is this it?

JU
Associate III

I am developing a project using STM32F429ZI, I have bought a Nucleo board, read the quick start guide, plugged it into USB power & ethernet... so now what?

The quick-start guide literally says "Press button B1 (left button). Observe the blinking frequency of the three LEDs LD1 to LD3 changes, by clicking on the button B1."

Is that it for demonstration? ��

Do we not get a web page or something from the board to show it working?

Given that I selected this specifically because we are developing an Ethernet-connected device I was hoping for a little bit more from ST to get the basics up & running and show a bare-bones IP project.

Or perhaps it's a failure of documentation because I can't see anything in any of the guides or manuals that says anything more than "look at the blinky lights". ��

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

There are many examples in CubeMX repository including some with ethernet functionality. This is a subset. The program that comes with the board doesn't use the ethernet connector.

0693W00000JNFNMQA5.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MM..1
Chief II

Now choice your IDE , download F4 support, and open examples projects...

JU
Associate III

...for documentation on how the board runs out of the box?

I am not asking about programming the board myself, I'm saying that whatever it runs "out of the box" is (apparrently) completely undocumented.

TDK
Guru

There are many examples in CubeMX repository including some with ethernet functionality. This is a subset. The program that comes with the board doesn't use the ethernet connector.

0693W00000JNFNMQA5.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JU
Associate III

I've never seen that list - where is that hiding in the CubeMX IDE?

File -> New -> STM32 Project -> Example Selector
JU
Associate III

Aha, whenever I click that my CubeMX just sits and spins the blue circle forever... guess I need to check for updates and hope it's fixed.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

If the GUI is too slow or not convenient, you can browse all these examples on github or in your local installed Cube package

The CubeF4 repository also has many projects and examples

Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.2\Projects\STM32F429ZI-Nucleo\Examples\ADC .. WWDG

Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.2\Projects\STM32F429ZI-Nucleo\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS

\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.2\Projects\STM32F429ZI-Nucleo\Applications\USB_Host\MSC_Standalone

and others which could be ported from EVAL and DISCO examples

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Out of the box is board in teoretical EMPTY, but for manufacturer and your quick check if board buttons and leds work is preprogrammed with blinky....