cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407 USB bootloader problem

PiotrRutkowski
Visitor

Hi,

Recently I had to replace the MCU in a device and I tried to upload the code using USB Bootloader, as it is available and requires very little stuff when you're on site.

So, the MCU has been detected in the system (see PIC1.png), but the CubeProgrammer (v 2.5.0) could not properly connect to it via USB. Properly means that I'd get an accesss to anything - after a connection try, it changed state to connected, but the MCU ID, flash size etc are not shown, while they should be (see PIC2.png). Luckily I managed to connect using ST-Link (see PIC3.png) and the situation is partially resolved. The application does not use USB so I cannot do a fast check if the USB peripheral even works properly.
What I noted is that the MCU revision is 2.0, while in the other device (which normally connects via USB) it is Z. Can this be a problem?

Thanks in advance for any help, as I'd like to make the DFU via USB running back again.

BR,

Piotr Rutkowski

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The target information section is optional. Does it otherwise work okay? Looks like it read memory fine. Might not be a problem that needs solved.

You could try updating to the latest STM32CubeProgrammer version of v2.17.0, quite a bit newer than what you're running. I get the target information to populate when I connect via USB.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

The target information section is optional. Does it otherwise work okay? Looks like it read memory fine. Might not be a problem that needs solved.

You could try updating to the latest STM32CubeProgrammer version of v2.17.0, quite a bit newer than what you're running. I get the target information to populate when I connect via USB.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
PiotrRutkowski
Visitor

I updated CubeProgrammer to newest version and... it worked!

I feel so ashamed!

Thanks

> I feel so ashamed!

Please don't. You described the problem perfectly, and the expected results, with supporting screenshots. We need more posts like this.

Glad you got it working. Cheers.