cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 USB "Hello world" example?

PHude.1
Associate III

Hi, i am trying to use USB VCP device on STM32F401. Is there a example available for this? Optimally, if it ends with something like the "Hello World" display in the terminal. My goal is to replace FTDI with internal USB in STM.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
PHude.1
Associate III

Update:

Now I tested example 1 on my old computer with win7 and working OK:

0693W00000AMvqmQAD.png 

Ons KOOLI:

ST VCP drivers is only for older windows

On your link is:

"Windows® 10, the STSW-STM32102 driver is no more adequate and the usage of the native inbox driver is recommended."

I try win8 version on win10, but does not start instal process.

My win10 result is: Not running on my notebook and two work computers.

PHude.1
Associate III

And next example working on win7 too.

Now, what i must do to start communication vith win10?

PHude.1
Associate III

Yesterday I am read "driver is no more adequate and the usage of the native inbox driver is recommended" and i was uninstall ST driver from win10. This was not help.

Today I am see:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkeJ2/stm-virtual-com-port-driver-for-windows-10

The link in this thread doesn't work, but I tried to test the procedure from August 22, 2016. The next installation of the win8 driver at this point was the same as on win7, including a request for name and company (this did not happen on the first attempt on w10). And the device now works properly.

This is good for my experiments, but not good for customers. Manual with something like "Install this driver, open Windows Control Panel, uninstall this driver and reinstall" is not a good idea 🙂

Some tips what i can do?

PHude.1
Associate III

Funny final solution:

The driver installation process contains the disappearance of the installer window for relativelly long time.

My computer is more slow and probably more programs was running at installation time...

I presume that was occured something like as:

1. I was start the installation

2. Window was disappear

3. Someone was call me

4. I forgotten that installation

5. I was shutdown the computer and go home

🙂

PHude.1
Associate III

How can I set this thread as answered?

Hi @Pavel Hude�?ek​ ,

You choose the best answer and then you check Select as Best.

Best Regards,

Ons.

Thank you

BillyBob
Associate II

STM32CubeF4\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone