cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 V2Link

schleise
Associate

Hello,

I have been trying to program a custom board.  I am using the stm32f042k6t7 chip and I have been working on this for a few weeks now.  I've got my board double checked and even ordered another V2Link thinking it might be that connector.  I have downloaded all of the drivers and done as much as I can to find solutions on this problem which has led me here.  

Anytime I try to use the utility link to connect to the STMv2link, I update the firmware everytime and attempt to connect and I get the same error everytime.  "Cannot connect to target".  Not sure what to do at this point, I've tried using a windows 10 computer as well and that didnt work.  Please HELP!

2 REPLIES 2

We have no idea what specifically you've tried, or anything about your design as implemented. Perhaps share a schematic.

"Cannot connect to target" suggests the part is NOT running, and not an issue with the PC, the drivers, or the cable. It's not powered or you're not connected to the right pins. Check you have the target supply connected to pin 1 or 2 of the ST-LINK's 20-pin header, along with suitable ground pins. The buffer on the ST-LINK/V2 needs this to communicate with the chip.

The secondary signs-of-life method is to use the UART system boot loader. For pin see AN2606

You want to try sending an 0x7F data pattern at 9600 baud 8E1, and watch for a 0x79 response.

Check the part orientation on the board is correct. That you power digital and analogue supply pins. Check the level you see on the NRST pin.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Not sure what to do at this point

You want to make sure that the tools setup is OK. For this you can use a known-good board, such as any ST Nucleo, with built-in ST-LINK (v2 or v3). If your ST-LINK utility or other software work well with that board, the problem is with your custom board or your ST-LINKs.