cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self diagnostic feature

vchau.2
Associate III

Dear All,

I'm looking for self diagnostic feature in STM32F7 series for SIL-3 compatibility, kindly suggestion microcontroller which can self diagnosable crystal clock ,ECC protected sram and flash memory . 

and also let me know The HAL library is SIL-3 function safety complied.

2 REPLIES 2
Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Hello,

if I’m not wrong, the STM32F7 series doesn’t feature any ECC neither on Flash nor RAM (except FMC). I suggest to study UM2318 while adopting fact that SIL3 is achievable with potential performance limitation and upon 1oo2 exclusively with STM32F7. Concerning clock system, pls focus CLK_SM_x1/2/3 safety mechanism descriptions at the doc there. To compare product features, you can use Product selector available at ST web while study details at associated RMs and DSs. No HAL library is safety certified, only dedicated STL (see X-CUBE-STL).

Best regards,

Petr

Petr Sladecek
ST Employee

Please study UM2318, chapter 4 especially. To achieve SIL3 with such a single standard industrial micro (while apply structure 1oo1 and software self-tests) is practically mission impossible. No HAL library is certified for safety, only the STL. Please visit X-CUBE-STL - Functional safety package for STM32 microcontrollers in systems implementing safety functions up to IEC 61508 safety integrity level SIL2/SIL3 - STMicroelectronics

Best regards,

Petr