cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RM 0385 defines ETH_MACDBGR register fields that are not the same as in the SVD file v 1.1. This is on STM32F746G Disco.

PDR
Associate III
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi,

Just to be clear the current version we have today for STM32F7x6.svd has reached up to 1.5, and then it got split into different files for each device like STM32F746G.

I did attach the STM32F746.svd file (derived from STM32F7x6.svd) that contains the fix. So in order to replace the older SVD file, you can simply change the name of STM32F746.svd to the name of SVD file you are working with to avoid possible mismatch.

Let me know if this works for you.

-Imen

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi rogers ,

It would help more if you can provide the version of the SVD file where you found the problem.

-Imen

PDR
Associate III

Hi,

I believe it is version 1.1 of STM32F7x.svd. Do I just have an older version? In addition, for the MACFFR register, it has the PAM field named RAM.

In any case, shouldn't the MACDBGR fields be nonzero sometimes? I never see a change.

Thanks!

Pat

Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi rogers ,

I did check for you and indeed today we have much more advanced versions for stm32F7.

There is for example a specefic SVD file for  STM32F746 device.

I just need to make sure that the mistakes you reported have been fixed.

I also believe you would be interested in a more recent copy? If that the case let me know and I can share with you.

-Imen

PDR
Associate III

Hello Imen,

Yes please, an updated version would be much appreciated.

Pat

Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi,

Just to be clear the current version we have today for STM32F7x6.svd has reached up to 1.5, and then it got split into different files for each device like STM32F746G.

I did attach the STM32F746.svd file (derived from STM32F7x6.svd) that contains the fix. So in order to replace the older SVD file, you can simply change the name of STM32F746.svd to the name of SVD file you are working with to avoid possible mismatch.

Let me know if this works for you.

-Imen

PDR
Associate III

Thanks very much Imen!

Do you happen to ave any insights as to getting nonzero values from the MACDBGR fields, now that the SVD description conforms to the RM description? I see no text about enabling, or other required settings.

Pat

Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

You are welcome!

Sorry I can't help further, but I believe maybe it would be better to close this thread and create a new one for you second problem.

-Imen

PDR
Associate III

OK, will do.