cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netx secure client authentication

sabari1
Associate III

I am using Netx secure for TLS implementation.

here my requirement is to establish a TLS connection with mutual authentication (client and server).I am able to establish the proper handshake with Mutual authentication but the problem is when I try to authenticate the client with chain of certificates (one client certificate + 2 intermediate certificate)

when I’m using only client certificate for the authentication the handshake is happening successfully. But when I’m using 2 certificate handshake is failing. Here I’m using nex_secure_tls_local _certificate _add In order to add client certificate and intermediate certificate. Here I’m concatenating client certificate and intermediate certificate and passing through the above mentioned Netx api. 

Please suggest proper implementation method to establish client authentication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STea
ST Employee

Hello @sabari1 an welcome to STCommunity ,

To create a chain of certificates Netx secure does not provide a specific API but this can be achieved by manually adding the certificates in their order with the following API call:

UINT nx_secure_tls_trusted_certificate_add(NX_SECURE_TLS_SESSION
*session_ptr, NX_SECURE_X509_CERT *certificate_ptr); 

You can refer to this Thread with similar issue .

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STea
ST Employee

Hello @sabari1 an welcome to STCommunity ,

To create a chain of certificates Netx secure does not provide a specific API but this can be achieved by manually adding the certificates in their order with the following API call:

UINT nx_secure_tls_trusted_certificate_add(NX_SECURE_TLS_SESSION
*session_ptr, NX_SECURE_X509_CERT *certificate_ptr); 

You can refer to this Thread with similar issue .

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.