cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-device communication of CAN

wang_mo_mo
Associate II

Is anyone familiar with CAN Communications? Hundreds of devices can communicate in the car, but I have seven or eight motherboards here, and there are always some boards that can't send data, why is this? Is there a big guy who understands?

3 REPLIES 3
kakr
ST Employee

Hello @wang_mo_mo 

First, please check your physical network: you can start by testing using 2 boards only and integrate one by one to your CAN network. For this purpose, you can use for example a simple application from one board that is sending a CAN frame and test if it is correctly received by the newly integrated one.

Best Regards

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

@wang_mo_mo wrote:

Hundreds of devices can communicate in the car, but I have seven or eight motherboards here, and there are always some boards that can't send data, why is this? 

Hundreds of devices like 200-300 CAN nodes? I can see a car having 10's of nodes but not 100's of nodes.

Or do you mean hundreds of CAN ID's? Each ECU can have 10's of CAN ID's easily.

You have to elaborate what you mean that some motherboards can't send data? What kind of car are you referring to?

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You need to elaborate more.

What are these boards that are failing sending data? STM32 based boards? Custom? ST boards?

Provide schematics, code source etc..

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.