cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using USB MSC driver on a STM32H7 MCU. Is it possible to modify the descriptors in order to avoid Windows autoplay?

AGhez
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @AGhez​ 

It is as @TDK said, not a driver feature. It might be possible to disable windows autoplay by placing an autorun.inf file at the driver's root.

BeST Regards,

Walid

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @AGhez​ ,

Can you provide more details on what you mean by windows autoplay?

Thanks in advance.

BeST Regards,

Walid

TDK
Guru

No, autoplay is a windows feature, not a USB feature. The drivers don't dictate this.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AGhez
Associate III

thank you both!

yes, @Walid ZRELLI​ , I mean Windows feature to open the 'Windows explorer' window when connecting a device like an USB disk.

I know that it is possible to disable it for a specific device, so I was thinking that it was something that was requested from the device descriptor!

For definitive answer about the Windows behavior you're welcome to visit the MS forums.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/topics/windows-hardware-code-general.html

IIRC Windows can disable mass storage function on selected USB devices by h/w ID. Somewhere in the group policy.

/* Sorry I could not find more appropriate Q&A topic.

Recently Microsoft, in their alternative and inclusive wisdom, has killed the MSDN forums and driven many best experts answering questions out of there.

*/

Hello @AGhez​ 

It is as @TDK said, not a driver feature. It might be possible to disable windows autoplay by placing an autorun.inf file at the driver's root.

BeST Regards,

Walid

AGhez
Associate III

thank you all!