cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRTIM?

AMend.7
Associate III

Hi,

Overall I liked the H5, lots of memory, lots of performance, 64-pin Ethernet, etc. I was only disappointed with the fact that it doesn't have HRTIM and only two AD converters. In addition to much more performance I expected analogue integration at least compared to the G4. Could someone from ST tell us if there are plans for a mixed-signal H5 with HRTIM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @AMend.7​ ,

The new STM32H5 series comes to complete the STM32 High Performance MCUs portfolio.

It comes to complete the STM32F4 series not the STM32G4.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi25dQAA.png 

For more details, you can check the Product Presentation : STM32H5 MCU series Most powerful Arm® Cortex®-M33 MCU yet

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

By the way - why H5 does not arrive even to 400 MHz sysclk?

Is this because of complexity of CM33 or TZ?

AMend.7
Associate III

Pavel A.

I think it's not worth making a cortex-m33 that fast, for that it's better to use H7 which has 64bit buses, double precision FPU, etc. A 250MHZ cortex-m33 has the equivalent performance of a high-performance DSC for power convertion, with the advantages of costing much less, consuming less energy and being much easier to program. ST just didn't put the necessary analog peripherals for the H5 to become competitive in this segment. I was hoping for an H5 with the peripherals of the G4.

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @AMend.7​ ,

The new STM32H5 series comes to complete the STM32 High Performance MCUs portfolio.

It comes to complete the STM32F4 series not the STM32G4.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi25dQAA.png 

For more details, you can check the Product Presentation : STM32H5 MCU series Most powerful Arm® Cortex®-M33 MCU yet

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.