cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate .bin from web files (Web server application)

agalindo
Associate II

Hi everybody,

I am working with AZURE RTOS and I have implemented an HTTP web server application. I started from the example available in CubeIDE. Everything is working properly but now I need to modifiy the HTTP web page. For this, it is necessary to generate a .bin file from the .js, .css and .html files:

0693W00000LwvohQAB.pngCould somebody help me with this issue? I think it should exists a script or something like that for it.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattias norlander
ST Employee
7 REPLIES 7
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Hi,

Did you start from:

X-CUBE-AZRTOS-H7\2.0.0\Projects\STM32H735G-DK\Applications\NetXDuo\Nx_WebServer

If relying on the above example then you are storing the webpage on an SD-card, relying on FileX... No bin-file should be needed.

So, I assume you are based on another example?

Hi,

I started from:

X-CUBE-AZRTOS-F4\1.0.0\Projects\STM32F429ZI-Nucleo\Applications\NetXDuo\Nx_WebServer

Then, it is necessary to store the binary in the flash memory. Actually that is the best solution for my project as I don't have SD-card reader (LevelX is used as well).

Thanks.

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Thank you so much. Something like that is just what I was testing. A perl script.

agalindo
Associate II

I'm still trying to generate the web files for flash memory. web_content.bin (from web server example) has been generated in any way and I would like to know it. Does somebody know something about it?

Does someone know how it is created the file web_demo.bin in the Nx_WebServer example for the board STM32F429ZI-Nucleo?

I have seen that web_demo.bin is divided in sector of 1024 bytes and the data are written in the first 532 (512 effective data + 20) bytes of the sector.

Any Idea?

Thanks

TZhou.3
Associate

Just in case you are still looking for a solution, here is a script to generate raw FAT disk. 

github.com/TiejunMS/utils/tree/main/scripts/gen_raw_disk