cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAL_I2C_MemTxCpltCallback is not executed(STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.26.0)

HLuo.1
Associate

"HAL_I2C_MemTxCpltCallback" is not executed when using 'HAL_I2C_Mem_Read_DMA' in STM32F407VE MCU of STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.26.0 while is executed normally in the old version STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0. It seems that it runs "I2C_MemoryTransmit_TXE_BTF" onces and never goes to "HAL_I2C_MemTxCpltCallback".

Meanwhile, 'HAL_I2C_MemRxCpltCallback' is called normally in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.26.0.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @HLuo.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

Thanks for pointing out this issue.

I am checking it internally and I will come back to you with update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @HLuo.1​,

I don't see the issue you described when I check the difference between the STM32CubeF4 packages V1.26.0 and V1.25.0.

Maybe you have an issue when using the BTF() APIs compared to the old releases.

I suggest, as a first step, to run the I2C example available in STM32CubeF4 MCU package and compare your own project/code and configuration to identify what is going wrong: \STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.26.0\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Examples\I2C

Please keep me updated on your update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I finally found that it is the problem fo the slave device MPU6050, which responses no acknowledge to the master for the DEVICE_RESET instruction though STM32Cube_FW_F4V 1.25.0 works fine.

http://luohanjie.com/2021-03-18/stm32-hal-i2c-memtxcpltcallback-problem.html

Thank you @HLuo.1​ for posting your findings of this issue.

After an internal check to see the impact between the two versions of STM32CubeF4 v1.25.0 and v1.26.0:

There is no issue reproduced when running the test on a STM32F407-DISCO board with an external EEPROM @100Khz on I2C1/PB6/PB7 connection, and no strange behavior detected by the tests using the two MCU packages.

The "HAL_I2C_MemTxCpltCallback" callback is well executed from "I2C_MemoryTransmit_TXE_BTF" when HAL_I2C_EV_IRQHANDLER is called.

Can you please help us to reproduce the behavior you encountered, by giving us more details such as:

• which speed is used?
  • share a schematic of the HW implementation ?

Imen

Thanks
Imen