cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet connection not working on the latest STM32H743ZIT6 RevV. But it works well on the older RevY.

TSCOM
Associate II

To check the ethernet connection, we used the Software example from ST's example repository: 

STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H743ZI\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS

Target boards: 

1. NUCLEO-H743ZI with RevY micro 

2. NUCLEO-H743ZI with RevV micro (the board originally came with RevY micro. We replaced it with RevV micro for our testing).

On target #1, the ethernet connection works well. On target#2, it doesn't. 

Apart from the Nucleo board, we also tested this on a board designed by us. The behavior is the same - works on RevY, but not on RevV.

Digging deeper, we see that the micro is receiving the RXD0 & RXD1 signals from the ethernet phy. But the MAC block within the micro is not receiving it.  The version of MAC as shown by MACVR register is 0x3242 for RevV and 0x3141 for RevY. So apparently something changed in the ethernet peripheral of the micro. But we don't see related details in AN5312 (Application note from ST for the migration from revision Y to V) or in the errata.

Wonder if we are missing something. Please help out.

4 REPLIES 4

Isn't there a pin change on the NUCLEO too?​ check the ZI2 manual

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TSCOM
Associate II

I do not see a separate manual for ZI2. The ZI2 manual appears to be same as the older ZI manual. Appreciate if you can provide a link. I am not very experienced with ST.

Also the AN5312 (Application note from ST for the migration from revision Y to V)  doesn't mention a pin change. So I guess there is no pin change.

Piranha
Chief II

The faster the device, the more likely software bugs will show off. ST's implementation of HAL ETH driver and lwIP integration is full of bugs.

Keep an eye on this topic:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BOtfhnSQB

TSCOM
Associate II

Our problem is solved when we replaced the ST RevV micro with another RevV one. Also tried another board with RevV. And it worked fine too. Looks like the problem was due to bad micro.

Thank you for all the suggestions.