cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDC Device descriptior request failed

Treacy Yao
Associate II

I want to realize CDC function to transimit/receive data to/from PC via STM32F105RB. I get the code from Cube. Set clock, enable CDC and modify heap size to 0x1000. But when I power on deivce, "Device descriptior request failed" shown.

1.I don't know where is the problem.

2.By the way, For the PC driver, "Starting from windows 10, the STSW-STM32102 driver is no more adequate and the usage of the native inbox driver is recommanded", I don't konw where can get native inbox drive? This is mean I don't need to install driver in WIN10. Now I'm using win10 to do the testing.

3.I also tired WIN7(32bit), still have the "Device descriptior request failed" problem.

Please help me.

27 REPLIES 27
Yes the clock config in the cube looks like it should work.
did you know that if the crystal is not connected the processor will still come up ?
the code checks of the crystal is running and selects another route if it is not.
then the USB wont be stable, and your descriptors will fail.
so what that means is that you have to check if the crystal is running on your board with an oscilloscope...
you have to check it physically on your board.

Which part of board should I check? Attach are my check for HSE and D+ frequncy with oscilloscope. Please have a check.0690X000009Ypn0QAC.jpg0690X000009YpmqQAC.jpg

Can you check the crystal ?
Do you have a crystal ?
ok, sorry, I see it now, I think 16.03 is close enough, within 0.2% should be ok..
can you check the USB specification ?
do you have a different board that does work ?
I never used that processor myself.
but the only time I had an issue was with the crystal... and cube configuration
please check your USB cable connections,
do you use the 27R resistors ?
did you use the ESD protection ?
did you check the ESD protection is correctly installed, may be better to pull it off...
I still think it is external to the processor.
Please take photo of your development board.
Please show the cables you are using to USB port.
I think you have cable fault.
You can prove it by restarting your Cube file from scratch, the Cube code works without modification
Do you have nucleo board to test cube file ?

0690X000009YtyeQAC.png

This is my used USB line. I use our product to do the function. USB D+/D-> device D-/D+, USB GND->device GND, USB power -> device VBUS.

I have no nucleo board and any other EVAL board. I will try my best to get one and confirm again. Thank you very much.

I rest my case

I have got a NULEOF103RB and add the CDC function. But still have the problem. I use "BUS Hound" tool to analyze the data, find "low-speed dvice attached to this port". I think this is the cause for "device descriptor request failed". But I think I have configured "full-speed" in my code.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000B7YU9SSQW/cdc-function-added-but-no-any-com-port-shown. This is my test in NULEO-F103 link problem