cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get HS MSC device working with SMSC3343. FS works fine.

dragan
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2012 at 22:55

I don't see any obvious reasons for the problem I have and would appreciate greatly if an expert from ST micro or a fellow developer can help or provide some pointers.

I have SMSC USB3343 ULPI PHY connectede to STM32F207IGT6 and in device mode. 3343 is to work in clock output mode. I use STM32_F105-07_F2xx_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.0.0 USB library. I use MSC test program from the package. When I run it on the STM3220G-EVAL board it works as HS device. However, when I use the same test program on my board it always works as FS device. I'm really puzzled. I reviewed the h/w and althought there are differences in the PHY device used nothing seems as an obvious reason. I can provide schematics for a review if needed.

I would also appreciate if somebody could help me and explain how can I dump registers from SMSC USB3343 using functions from ST USB library. It's not clear to me how this is done mainly because the code is not commented in great detail how it works.

Thanks.

#usb #cortex-m3 #smsc3343
12 REPLIES 12
dragan
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2012 at 22:04

STULPI001 phy works well in HS mode. We'll replace SMSC3343 with ST phy chip and close this isssue.

ian2399
Associate II
Posted on August 09, 2012 at 14:15

Note:

This looks like another example of a common problem with some USB PHYs.

See thread 'STM32F2/F4 problems with various ULPI USB PHYs'

You can find it by seaching forums for ChirpK.

Regards

Ian 
ckern
Associate II
Posted on August 13, 2013 at 21:35

Dragan,

Can you please post STULPI01 circuit snippet? I have followed the schematic from the datasheet, and although the system recognizes I have connected a USB device, it will not recognize the part. 

The one problem may be having is that the FAULT pin has been soldered to ground. In the datasheet, on page 19, it states that ''After reset, the overcurrent_PD bit is 1b, the internal overcurrent detector is disabled''. I am having trouble finding any sort of code that allows me to write to that register. Do you know if a) grounding this pin affects anything, or b) how to write the PHY registers? Thanks.