cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-L462E-CELL1 Developer Support Request

LPuck.1
Associate

Hi there,

I am trying to explore IoT options with the B-L462E-CELL1 discovery kit (STM32L462RE mcu). I was hoping for a software environment that I could use as a springboard to start working with this device, but I have not been able to find one.

I have tried to install the X-CUBE-CELLULAR software expansion for the STM32CubeIDE, but I don't understand how to "install" it into the IDE. It is not available in the "Embedded Software Packages Manager," so I attempted to install "From Local..." and pointing at the .zip file I downloaded here. The manager does not recognize this zip file.

Unzipping it, I see source code for demonstrations (great!) and some precompiled binaries. I can flash my board with these binaries, but I cannot build the projects. I seem to be missing some dependencies, which I would assume are part of the X-CUBE-CELLULAR package.

I have combed through all the documentation I could find for both X-CUBE-CELLULAR and the discovery kit, but can't find a straightforward answer. Is this board more of a demonstration that we aren't meant to write custom software for? If not, how can I set up an environment with the necessary dependencies to use the cellular middleware?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
JVand.12
Associate II

I too am working with that discovery kit and getting familiar with the stm32cubeide can take awhile. I recommend first updating the ide to the latest version 1.9.

I used X-CUBE-CELLULAR V7.0 , the latest, so I could use the Azure RTOS and related libraries.

1. Update stm32cubeide to version 1.9
  2. In embedded software packages manager add stm32cube mcu package for stm32L4 series, latest version
  3. unzip the downloaded X-CUBE-CELLULAR V7.0 file into a folder. This will be actively used by the IDE.
  4. run stm32cubeide and then open a new or empty workspace
  5. use the File -> Open projects from the file system to open a dialog window, click on the directory button and browse within the previously unzipped file directories and find the "STM32CubeExpansion_CELLULAR_V7.0.0\Projects\B-L462E-CELL1\Demonstrations\Nx_TCP_Echo_Client\STM32CubeIDE" folder. After selecting the directory the discovered projects will show up. Select the project and click on finish. This should create a set of folders within the Project Explorer.
  6. Build the project