cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi use on STWIN.box

chhhhak
Associate II

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to use the Wifi module MXCHIP EMW3080 from the STWBXCS1 so I want to start from this example on a B-U585I-IOT2A since these boards share the same µC and Wifi module. 

I think I just need to change the use of SPI2 for wifi control in the original project, to SPI1 on my board. 

I have changed yet : 

• Calling Wifi_handle_SPI hspi1 instead of hspi2
  • The pins for MISO, MOSI, CS, CK, Chip_en, Flow and Notify

For the clock of the SPI I chose PCLK2 with a prescaler of 8.

It is still not working as expected because it waits indefinitely for the Flow signal to be raised by the Wifi module.

Did I forget something ? or is the principle of trying to adapt a code made for another board simply wrong?

Thans for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chhhhak
Associate II

I ended up using this code instead and had the same problem but the documentation included said that the firmware of the MXChip needed to be upgraded. After this operation it worked, so I believe the old firmware was the reason why it did not work with the code I was trying to use.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Make sure the "enable" pin of the wi-fi chip is in correct state. It may have a reset pin as well, check all such pins.

chhhhak
Associate II

The enable pin of the Wifi module is always 3.3V which means that it is never active since it is programed to be active low. The CS pin is high for about a second during the init. Where can I find a description of the signals needed to initialize the module, it is not provided in its datasheet.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III
chhhhak
Associate II

I ended up using this code instead and had the same problem but the documentation included said that the firmware of the MXChip needed to be upgraded. After this operation it worked, so I believe the old firmware was the reason why it did not work with the code I was trying to use.