cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the range of operating temperatures for STM32 ST-Link probes (V2 and V3) ?

MaxC
Associate III

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @MaxC​, to the community!

What temperature range are your computers designed for, which are used to connect the ST-LINK and for debugging and programming?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MaxC
Associate III

Hello Peter,

thank you for the feedback, I sent that question because, probably, we could use some ST-Link probes into a climate room in order to read/write data to a board mounting STM32F4 or STM32F2 MCUs by using STM32CubeMonitor. I don't remember exactly the range of temperatures but they could be negatives and over 50°C.

But the PC will be placed outside the climate room, at a temperature about 22 °C

Thanks

regards

Max

Since the ST-LINK are pure development tools and are typically used in laboratory environments, there is no classification for the permissible temperature range.

What is the argument against placing the ST-LINK outside the climate chamber as well?

Regars

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The more normative approach might be to use standard interfaces, ie USB (VCP, HID ?) or Serial, to recover data your device might throw off, ie measurements / telemetry.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MaxC
Associate III

Hello everybody,

thank you for the feedback. The purpose is to use the STM32CubeMonitor (along with ST-Link since I understood that the tool support only the connection with the MCU by ST-Link) just to make some test on climate room to read data or to calibrate some parameters in the MCU FW. I think that the STM32CubeMonitor solution is a good solution with low effort. Of course other solutions are possible like, for example using USB protocol or XCP, but they could need more effort since I would need to develop also a tool/protocol also form Host side.

regards

Max

S.Ma
Principal

Years back I put a Hc-06 dongle to the mcu sensor board put inside a autoclave and climatic chamber using just pc teraterm for logging, or android Bluetooth electroics app for graphical version.

Using a 5v usb battery pack, the whole demo can be sealed hermetically. Bluetooth could transmit through a metal no window oven....