cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to insert Nucleo into breadboard and label pins with sticker

ericfont
Associate II

I have Nucelo-F303RE but needed easy access to the pins and needed to keep track of their names, but so just sharing a pic of what I came up with:IMG_20240124_192244.jpg

Note you will need two socket headers with long pins of size at least 1x19 (in my case I used 2x20 cause I didn't have any 1x19 ones) that will access the outer columns. The pins unfortunately don't quite line up perfectly into the breadboard like this, so the socket headers are slightly non-vertical, but at least it works and gets access to outer columns over the breadboard.  And make sure you have a good fine-point pen for writing the pin names small and legibly onto the sticker or tape.  I wish they included such a set of pre-labeled stickers with the board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raptorhal2
Lead

And make sure you have a good fine-point pen

Another method - If you have Microsoft Office or the free Libre Office, paste the Nucleo image on a drawing, then add label text beside the pins. Pin alternate function assignments and any other tech info can also be added, all very neatly. And accumulated configurations can be easily archived.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ericfont
Associate II

The right side:

IMG_20240124_193615.jpg

Redid the inner labels, this time writing the sticker labels on a hard surface first before sticking them on the board:

IMG_20240124_195812.jpg

 Now I'm not going to get confused by the arduino-style labels previously on the board.  Fyi the breadboard is standard BB830.

raptorhal2
Lead

And make sure you have a good fine-point pen

Another method - If you have Microsoft Office or the free Libre Office, paste the Nucleo image on a drawing, then add label text beside the pins. Pin alternate function assignments and any other tech info can also be added, all very neatly. And accumulated configurations can be easily archived.