cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWIN.box CLI does not find any device.

Ferag
Associate

Dear Community

I recently acquired a STWIN.box development kit and proceeded step by step according to the document "Quick Start Guide High-Speed Sensor Datalogger application for STEVAL-STWINKT1 (HSDatalog)" but I can't get the CLI examples to work (slide 27).

When I start the CLI batch file "USB_DataLog_Run.bat" the output is:

STWIN Command Line Interface example
Version: 2.0.0
Based on : High Speed Datalog DLL v2
HSD_DLLv2: DeviceManager created
No devices, exiting
Press any key to exit

I've noticed that when I connect the STWIN.box via USB, the computer doesn't seem to recognize any devices, resp. there is no notification by a system sound nor any change in device manager windows.

I'm also not sure which FW should be loaded on the STWIN.box, the Android app shows a long list, and I haven't found any information about the different FWs.

Screenshot_20230828-113132.png

Could you please give me a hint how to proceed?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hello @Ferag 

STWIN.box default fw is not DATALOG2. You must update the board with the desired firmware.

STWIN.box is supported by different Function Packs from ST. That's the reason for the very long list in the app, where for each firmware all the versions released are available.

If you are interested in DATALOG2 you can update the board through a FOTA using the ST BLESensor app. The last version we released a couple of weeks ago is the v1.2.1, so you can select FP-SNS-DATALOG2_Datalog2 v1.2.1 from the list.

Have a look also to the board User Manual (link) for all the details regarding the Default FW and the firmware update.

Best regards

Simone

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hello @Ferag 

STWIN.box default fw is not DATALOG2. You must update the board with the desired firmware.

STWIN.box is supported by different Function Packs from ST. That's the reason for the very long list in the app, where for each firmware all the versions released are available.

If you are interested in DATALOG2 you can update the board through a FOTA using the ST BLESensor app. The last version we released a couple of weeks ago is the v1.2.1, so you can select FP-SNS-DATALOG2_Datalog2 v1.2.1 from the list.

Have a look also to the board User Manual (link) for all the details regarding the Default FW and the firmware update.

Best regards

Simone

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.