cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling finding electrical peripherals interconnection information for STM32F469...

MKat.1
Associate II

Hello, I am struggling finding electrical peripherals interconnection information for STM32F469. Peripherals are not covered in the datasheet, and I have looked thru Application Notes to best of my ability. Is there a document I missed that goes over each peripheral in great detail? Some interfaces, like MUXed and baned ADCs, also need to show a crude representation of circuitry/operation internal to the MCU, for me to understand how to connect pins properly in my PCB. The "AN4488 Getting started with STM32F4xxxx MCU hardware development" is a good starting point, but it stops short of discussing any peripherals other than basic power and setup interconnections. Where do I go to figure out how to interconnect every other peripheral and interface supported by this MCU?

11 REPLIES 11

Oh Lord, did you really have to bring up RS232, the thing I hate the most???

OK, unfortunately, I am also being pushed into the direction for my eval board to just run a trace from the BGA to an edge connector pin, and let the customer figure out the rest. That is far enough from what I wanted (to at least say include a driver IC for a half-decent interface like RS422/485, if I don't have space to drop a real connector in there as well), pushed hard enough that I now feel I will be betraying my end-use customer by not being any better as all of those other useless (in terms of ready-to-roll) external interfaces...

S.Ma
Principal

If you search stmicro github repo, you may find pinout info as xml format. Putting all transceiver on your board will already reduce options. Some want 1.8v i2c, some 3.3v, some 5v tolerant. Some want fdcan or regular can, etc...