cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I remove the SMT32L476RGT6U IC from the Nucleo board first. Then Is it possible to connect SMT32L476RGT6U IC in an external board with STLink pins (CN4) of the Nucleo-L476 (IC is removed) board?

Prajnyajit
Associate II
  1. If I remove the  SMT32L476RGT6U IC on the Nucleo L476 board.
  2. I will mount the  SMT32L476RGT6U IC on an external PCB.
  3. Now, I will connect the required pins of IC with CN4 of the Nucleo Board.

Is it possible for debugging for external application? My intension is to use STM Nucleo board CN4 to debug instead of one extra STLINK V2 or V3. Is it possible ?

Pin connections will be as follows.

0693W00000FApDzQAL.jpg0693W00000FApEEQA1.jpg

20 REPLIES 20
ONadr.1
Senior III

Sure. Add board can be cut out and use as STLINK V2. Single MCU can be debugged thru SWDIO and SWCLK pins. If you cut out add board, it is need use internal MCU oscilator or complete external XT oscilator on the board (there are PCB solder points, but not components).

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, of course you can do so. The ST-LINK as part of the NUCLEO-64 can also be broken off / cut off and used as a stand-alone ST-LINK. The only thing missing is the housing.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Prajnyajit
Associate II

Thank you !

Hi, Peter! I have done the schematic of the MCU which is supposed to be mounted on an external PCB. I've mentioned the required connection pins of MCU with an external ST-LINK V2. Can you verify it once and let me know whether it is a go for fabrication or not?

0693W00000FApd4QAD.jpgFirst, let me know whether it is correct or not then we can proceed to the conclusion.

Thank you very much. 0693W00000FApk5QAD.jpgCan you please have an eye on this? Now it is connected with ST-LINK V2, will it work? If yes. I can try it on connecting with the ADD NUCLEO Board (where MCU is cut).

ONadr.1
Senior III

I notice, the VDDA/VREF+ is not is not connected. Only blocked by capacitors.

0693W00000FAptWQAT.jpgThank you !

Modified, rest all ok?

Prajnyajit
Associate II

NRST is connected to MCURST of ST-LINK V2 and altogether it is grounded. Is it ok?

ONadr.1
Senior III

NRST should be connected to VDD via cca 10k rezistor. No capacitor needed. STLINK reset pin is connected direct to NRST MCU pin. If you use ADC convertors, VDDA pin should be connected to VDD via some choke and capacitors.

ONadr.1
Senior III

Refer the datasheet, there are more about exernal circuits and connections.