cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745I-DISCO Arduino Connector Ports Non-Usable

ricks
Associate III

We are using the STM32H745I-DISCO and built a daughter board that uses the Arduino Connector and ports on that connector.  Unfortunately, we discovered that at least two of the ports (SDA/D14 on Pin 9 and SCL/D15 on Pin 10 of CN2), are being used by the display, so they are NOT usable to us.  We are wondering why they designed it so that those ports are brought out to CN2.  There are other I2C signals available CN7.  Why did they not bring out other processor ports that could be used on CN2 that are not committed to the display or other integral function of the DISCO Board?   Fortunately we have just two unused ports on other connectors so we can cut and jumper a fix, but it seems this is something ST should look at for the future.

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @ricks 

I think you can keep using the I2C on the Arduino connector if we are not going to use it for the LCD Screen.

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ricks
Associate III

Dear STTwo-32,

Yes, we figured that out, but why not bring out other ports.  We have always used and needed the display!

I think this is due to some design needs. I will escalate your request to the concerned team for more details.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.