cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H573-DK freeRTOS LWIP DHCP

pywtk
Associate II

Hi all.

Am working with the STM32H573-DK, trying to get the ethernet connection working with FreeRTOS & LWIP over DHCP.

I can see with Wireshark that it's sending the DHCP discover out ok & the DHCP server is responding with an offer but the code seems to miss that packet.

I know the code is receiving some ARP packets from the DHCP server.

I know that the hardware works ok if I use the ThreadX example (but I need a FreeRTOS environment).

My best guess so far is the DK is not receiving UDP packets? (Which is the format of the DHCP Offer)

Anyone else experienced similar with this DK?

3 REPLIES 3
liaifat85
Senior II

Check if there are any issues with buffer management in LWIP. Insufficient buffer space or incorrect buffer handling can lead to dropped packets.

Buffer structure-wise I've used the STM32H7 FreeRTOS & LWIP example as the basis for my H5 work. Are there any known "gotchas" with that Example?

Does that Example catch Buffer errors?

Haven't seen any serial debug or error_handler loops that'd suggest the proposed error has been detected.

STea
ST Employee

Hello @pywtk ,

You can base your implementation on the working example (without FreeRTOS) and compare the configuration done on the STM32H5 with the one you are trying this can be a quick way to get it working .

Answering your question "Does that Example catch Buffer errors?"

The STM32H7 FreeRTOS & LWIP  does not catch buffer errors as it is a basic point to get started with your own software development .

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.