cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G: PCM-PWM and PWM-TDM tone generation

AMS12345
Associate II

STM32F746G - will this MCU support for tone generation using PCM-PWM and PCM-TDM. Where i can get the refernece manual for this mcu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @AMS12345 ,

According to the reference manual, these are the Audio format supported by SAI interface in STM32F746:

SofLit_0-1726732063663.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @AMS12345 and welcome to the ST Community .

The reference manual of this MCU is the RM0385

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply @STTwo-32. Could you able to say that this board is flexible for generating tones for single channel and multiple channel using pwm peripheral, pcm peripheral and TDM peripheral.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @AMS12345 ,

According to the reference manual, these are the Audio format supported by SAI interface in STM32F746:

SofLit_0-1726732063663.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@SofLit  can you suggest me the microcontroller that supports PCM-PWM to generate tones without any audio interfaces like I2S, SAI, DAC or om other. With my frequency need to genearte pcm samples and fed to pwm to generate audio as output.

PCM-PWM can be generated by any GP timer having PWM output.

@SofLit  okay. but i couldn't find anything specific. can you suggest few?

Any STM32 having TIM2, TIM3, TIM4 and TIM5 for example, there are many.

STM32F407 as example.