cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F469IDISCOVERY -b07 code not working in -au1

edramden
Associate II
  • Hello, I developed my software with STM32F469I-B07. I bought a new card but this card is AU1. I can't transfer my old software to this new card because the screen they use has changed. What should I do to import my old software to the new card?
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@edramden wrote:

I developed my software with STM32F469I-B07.

Do you mean the The STM32F469 Discovery kit (32F469IDISCOVERY)?

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f469idiscovery.html

@edramden wrote:

I can't transfer my old software to this new card because the screen they use has changed. What should I do to import my old software to the new card?

Work out what parts of your old software are dependent on the specific screen, and what parts are not.

Make sure that those parts which are dependent on the specific screen are well-defined and well-isolated with a clear interface.

Make a new implementation of the screen-specific stuff for the new display.

Integrate with the non-screen-specific code.

Yes, I am working with the card you mentioned. I did what you taught me but it still doesn't work. The program is launched but nothing appears on the screen.

@edramden wrote:

Yes, I am working with the card you mentioned

Title updated to make that clear.

@edramden wrote:

I did what you taught me but it still doesn't work. The program is launched but nothing appears on the screen.

So you need to debug your driver.

Is it getting stuck in a Hard Fault, or other error handler?

Can you create a new, simple project from scratch that works on the -au1 board ?

We created a blank project and made all the changes related to the screen, but we are stuck in freertos. Freertos also enters an infinite loop.

So can you create a project without FreeRTOS ?

Otherwise, you'll have to debug why FreeRTOS is getting into that infinite loop.